There is a diagnosis that I get a lot in our clinic from people, and I wanted to explain my take on it and what I think is going on, and that diagnosis is arthritis.
Many times I get people in here that wake up one day and all of a sudden they’ve got shoulder pain, or hip pain, or ankle pain, and they go to their doctor, they get x-rays, they get tests done, but their doctor can’t find anything, so then they’re given a diagnosis of arthritis. My thought on that is they didn’t just develop arthritis that day, they’ve had it for months or years. However, they must have done something to irritate it, because they’d been living that way for a long time without any problems. Typically what I have been finding in here is that the mechanics have broken down or they aren’t moving enough, and when they do move – their mechanics aren’t good, which causes the arthritis to get flared up.
A diagnosis of arthritis is not a death sentence. Most everybody has some form of arthritis as we age. Now it’s a matter of learning how to manage the pain, and how to move correctly so you don’t keep things irritated all the time. This will go a long way. This is what I tell people that are told they’ve got a degenerated joint. Let’s say you have 20% degeneration in that joint, what you’re working on now is the other 80%. You may not be able to reverse that degeneration, but we will look at what you can do to at least not progress any further, move comfortably, and be able to do everything you want without pain.
Don’t let just being told you have arthritis stop you from doing things, think that it’s a death sentence, or there’s nothing you can do for it. Follow my YouTube channel where we are going to be demonstrate some ways of movement to get range of motion and stability through the body that can help with some of these problems. If you get further questions, contact us a FyzicalofEdwardsville.com.Read More